Retainers are a removable appliance that help to hold your teeth in position. They are normally prescribed after orthodontic treatment. It is important to care for your retainers and follow the doctor’s instructions for use:
1. Wear your retainer at all times, until the doctor instructs otherwise
2. Remove your retainer when eating and always put is back in its case
3. Clean your retainer with a toothbrush and toothpaste daily to remove bacteria, plaque and odors
4. Retainers are easily breakable, please treat it with care. If your retainer is lost or broken, call our office immediately.
5. Remove retainers when you go swimming.
6. Keep retainers away from hot water, pockets, washing machines/dryers, pets and school lunch trays!
7. Call the office if your retainer needs adjusting, do not adjust it yourself.
8. Always bring your retainer to your appointments.